SilverLUA

May 18, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Hi,

I was researching the various scripting options for a XNA game which would also run o nXbox360 and went through LuaInterface, Lua2IL, Xnua. I almost gave up and started to write something on my own when I happened to see SilverLUA.

It looks like exactly what I had in mind. I downloaded the source and taking a look(I am getting compile errors in the RunTime project though). I just wanted to let you know that I am eagerly waiting for the release and would like to pitch in where help is needed.

-Vikram

Coordinator
May 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Cool, glad to see some interest in this project!

As you noticed, the latest check-in does not build; you'll have to go back to change set 15500 in order to get anything to compile. I screwed up there and forgot to verify the build before checking it in. I should have an updated version checked in within a few days.

I've set a deadline to have SilverLua 1.0 released by the end of this month, and now that I know I have at least one customer, I'm sufficiently motivated to meet that deadline. :) Feel free to keep updated with the latest check-in, and stay tuned for updates. I'll make a post here when the latest check-in is in a usable form.

May 26, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Hi,

This project is awesome. LUA running into a XBox 360 it's a very powerful issue for XNA games. Count me in as another customer :)

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Hey,

I just registered to tell you that vikerman and jalfx aren't the only ones eagerly awaiting the 1.0 release. Just as vikerman did I went through LuaInterface and Xnua and then some other even worse options. and now I can't wait to try SilverLua